Monday, June 23, 2008

Unit 5 - Adding Users

I think that it went well, overall. There was a good time I had to spend on troubleshooting, then come to realize that the trouble was a result of a typo. Though I hate to say that these problems actually help me understand things a little better and make me be more careful at the command line. Overall, I think it is cool to be learning this. I am impressed with everything that can be done, who would have know? I think that this is going to benefit me in the future greatly, at least the exposure and not being scared or intimidated to try such tasks when I need to, Not to mention the ability to have a greater understanding of what Unix/Linus and the general overview of how they are used. I actually have an admiration for Unix administrators, and those the write scripts, there is a lot to learn and I am sure it takes a great while to master it enough that you can maintain an good system. I have to say, it was so much better adding users with a GUI interface, I guess when this is what you grew up using it is hard to open your eyes to see that there are other effective ways of doing things.

No comments: