Monday, June 16, 2008

Unit 4: Reflections on using Commands

The hands on assignments are definitely necessary. Practice helps. The readings before hand are essential so that when you get to doing the assignments you are not totally lost, at this helped me. I have to admit that I was a little weary of starting the actual commands. I think i understood it and the tutorial really helped. I most definitely need more practice to become more comfortable. I am excited about learning though. Some of the commands i practiced were from the tutorial like seeing the list of files under a directory and creating a backup. This is all easy to do with instructions but wonder if at the moment when I don't have them in front of me how will I remember the command and the proper syntax. All in all, everything went well. I am excited to earn and practice, hopefully I retain most of it because it does seem to become more intimidating as we get more into it. I guess I am so stuck the GUI interface that it is going to take some getting used to reprogram my head.

No comments: