The main point I interpreted from the article was immense need for project management using a specific style. It was interesting to have the message and examples brought out about how an academic library was piloting such management technique to not only smaller scale projects but to larger ones as well. The testimony at the end that this was the best way they could have gone and this is the way that they will go when implementing projects is very powerful coming from a person that did not use it before, used it and loved it. It’s kind of like a before and after. All the articles relayed pretty much the same message, project management is necessary and library projects are not exception, it no longer just applies to corporate projects or only to large scale projects.
I particularly enjoyed reading the article about why you should not use project management. It is catchy and you are able to discern the necessity of implementing different technique and following and adapting to style to reach success. Otherwise it easy to see how many components can effect you project and even cause its failure. I like the point by point, it made it easier and more interesting to read. All in all I also understand the responsibility and complexity of being a project manager, don’t know that I envy that responsibility.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment